How Much Does It Cost to Powerwash a House and How Often Should You Do It?
"How much does it cost to powerwash a house?"
If you cringe every single time you pull up in front of your home because of the way your siding looks, you might be asking yourself that question right now. Powerwashing your house is a great way to improve your curb appeal by making your home look its best. It's also a great way to extend the life of your siding and maintain the value of your home.
Before you pressure wash your house, though, you should obviously take the cost of it into consideration. You should also figure out how often you need to do it and consider the best methods for power washing your home.
Here are the answers to some of the most common questions that you'll encounter when you're thinking about powerwashing your house.
How Much Does It Cost to Powerwash a House?
The first question that most people ask prior to powerwashing their property is "How much does it cost to powerwash a house?" They want to make sure it's worth considering before they start calling around to different companies that specialize in powerwashing properties.
The cost to powerwash a home will obviously depend on a number of different factors. Here are some of the things that will ultimately decide how much you pay for powerwashing services:
- The location of your home
- The size of your home
- The type of siding on your home
- The condition of your home
- The powerwashing method you prefer for cleaning your home
- The experience level of the company you hire to clean your home
- The time of year you decide to powerwash your home
- And more
Generally speaking, it costs somewhere between $130 and $650 to powerwash a home with the average cost sitting at just over $350. But the exact price that you pay will depend on a combination of all the factors we just mentioned.
How Often Should You Power Wash Your House?
Right after people wrap their heads around the price associated with powerwashing a house, their next question is usually "How often should you power wash your house?" Since they're going to be shelling out at least a few hundred dollars in most cases, they don't want to pay more than they have to for powerwashing services.
Most powerwashing companies will tell you that you should aim to power wash your house about once every year, if possible. But there are several factors that will determine how often you need to clean your home.
Here are a few of the things that will decide how often your home needs to be powerwashed:
- Where your home is located
- How much dirt, dust, mold, mildew, etc. builds up on it over time
- What type of siding you have on your home
- How much money you can afford to pay for powerwashing services every year
- And more
There isn't one hard and fast rule as far as how often you should power wash your property. But if you notice that it tends to get pretty dirty over the course of a calendar year, washing it once every 12 months isn't a bad idea.
What Is the Best Method for Cleaning a House?
Some homeowners don't realize this, but there are actually a few different methods for cleaning a home.
You can power wash a home, pressure wash a home, or use a method called soft washing to get the job done. It's important to understand the differences between the three.
Here is a quick explanation for each method:
- Power washing: This method involves using a heavy-duty powerwashing machine to blast away dirt, debris, and more from surfaces with highly pressurized hot water. It's usually best for cleaning heavily soiled concrete, stone walls, driveways, and other hard surfaces.
- Pressure washing: This method involves using a pressure washing machine to blast away dirt, debris, and more from surfaces with highly pressurized cold water. It's usually best for cleaning decks, patios, outdoor furniture, and more.
- Soft washing: This method involves using a modified pressure washing machine to apply soap on dirt, debris, and more from surfaces with little to no pressure. It relies on the soap solution to do the cleaning, which makes it ideal for cleaning vinyl siding, painted wood, brick, stucco, and more.
You can utilize any of these methods to powerwash the outside of a home. But soft washing has turned into the preferred method for many homeowners because it can be used to deep clean a home without doing any damage to it.
When used in conjunction with special eco-friendly cleaning products, it can clean the sides of a home just as effectively as power or pressure washing without the risks that come along with using those methods.
Should You Hire Professionals to Get the Job Done?
In an effort to save a little bit of money, there are many homeowners who will purchase a power or pressure washer and attempt to clean their homes on their own.
You're obviously free to take this approach if you want. But there are some advantages to hiring professionals instead of cleaning the outside of your home yourself.
For starters, you won't have to invest in power or pressure washing equipment and worry about storing it. You also won't have to worry about replacing siding on your home if you happen to do damage to it while cleaning it.
And maybe most importantly, professionals have the experience and expertise that it takes to get your home as clean as it can be through power washing, pressure washing, or soft washing. You won't need to wash your home as often when you trust the pros to do the job.
Wash Your Home Today With Help From the Professionals
Now that you know the answer to the question, "How much does it cost to powerwash a house?", as well as the answers to other common powerwashing questions, it's time for you to get started.
If you aren't happy with the way your home looks at the moment, call on a professional exterior cleaning service to wash it right away. You'll be amazed by how great your home looks in a matter of just a few hours.
Contact us today to schedule soft touch house washing for your home in Charlotte or one of the surrounding areas.